Monday, January 31, 2011

Touched by the sun

Well, over a week ago we left the confines of the hospital and headed back to the farm on one glorious day. The sun was shining, the Olympic mountains were showing their majestic snow covered peaks and there was a buzz in the air. It was such a wonderful day to be leaving the confines of the hospital life and head back to real life.  But again, once I find the time to write down the whole story of his birth...just not ready or maybe I just need to find the time to do it all.

Photobucket

What struck me waiting in the lobby for the toasty warm car to arrive was that Corbin had never seen the sun in the first week of his life. It was all overhead lights and those dang bililights. While I am quire certain he will never remember that sunless week, the moment the sweet ray touched his bundled up arm, it just touched my heart. It is so interesting what one will remember from an experience. I suspect this moment will be burned into this whole experience.

Photobucket

The first week home has been awesome. First off, Izzy was unsure about this moving and crying little bundle. However she knows it is a baby. After the initial shock of this little thing moving, she has settled down and all she wants to do is beep Corbin's little nose. I really think baby Corbin is going to have her fingerprint on his nose! I am just thankful she stopped (at least for now) touching his eyes. This past week has made her fall more and more in love with this little guy. Both Scott and I think she believes this is HER baby. It is adorable. She never passes up a chance to hold him.

Photobucket

Devon on the other hand is one cool cat. He was excited about the arrival home and was mildly curious, then he went back to playing with his cars within a few minutes. However he is slowly becoming a great big brother. Sometimes this involves being able to watch a cool show or getting a treat.  He "watch" Corbin for me the other day when I went to the basement to change a load for laundry.  The pride in his eyes when I came back to check on him was awesome!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, the arrival home was sweet!  And, Grandma and Grandpa were there to welcome us as well.  Both older kids were having so much fun with them here that they barely noticed we were gone.  Lots of books were read, lots of blocks were stacked (and felled) and lots of treats were made.  Who knew the kids were love pudding so much?

Photobucket

My folks were here to pick up the kids for me, help out with dinner, do the dishes, drive me to all the doctor's appointments...you get the drift.  They were a huge help!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Baths are always a fun filled event at the house.  Adding Corbin into the mix makes it a bit more interesting.  I finally think I am going to have to alternate days for baths.  All three in the bathroom was tight and a bit nerve wracking.  Maybe now that his "stump" has fallen off it might be easier?  TANGENT...I totally saved his stump!  It is really cool looking!  Sadly I only got one picture of it up close.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Izzy looks a bit sad in this picture...I assure you, she was not!)

Photobucket

Corbin's first bath was filled with lots of wiggles and lots of loud squeaking.
Photobucket

Photobucket

But, it made mama proud that we got to do a normal everyday kind of thing at last. 
Photobucket

And for the big kids...we did some coloring!  Izzy is slowly beginning to understand what it is all about.  SLOWLY being the key word.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The Grandparent finally had to make it back home to Chicago.  But not before some photos!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know that everyone looks bad in this photo, except baby Corbin!  He is so adorable in this shot!
Photobucket

And this one is just too funny!  NO ONE looks good here but it really captures how crazy it is to shoot a posed picture with my kids.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There is something so wonderful about a newborn.  It must be that they are so fresh, so small, so fragile that it is almost irresistible not to want to hold.  Those little limbs are so awkward and unsure of what to do.  They seem to be running just on instinct.  All of the facial features are so new.  Their fingers are just learning how to bend and grab.  I love this stage.  I think that it is just so fleeting that I just want to savior every single stretch.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(This might be my favorite shot of him)

Photobucket
(wait...I spoke too soon)


Photobucket


Well, sorry about the drought in updates.  Once we got home I needed to just adjust to life again.  And, life right now is good.  But really, really, really busy.  Dare I say I was not expecting how busy it would become.  But, I know it will settle down once we get our work flow in line.  Now it is just figuring out that work flow!  I really want it to contain lots of crafts, photos, walks and glue.

Sleep well!  My fingers are crossed my little nuggets does tonight!
Photobucket

No comments:

Followers