Saturday, January 15, 2011

Corbin update 1.15.11

Great news! Really great news! First off my little man no longer has the oxygen tubes! Nothing is in his nose except the air that is making it's way to his beautiful lungs. He looks so strong and so much better. And, I might add, really adorable. One our great nurses decided to take the leap this morning and he did perfect.

So, the next hurdle to tackle was to get that pesky IV out of his hand. Well to do that entails having three good feeds and then thirty minutes later passing a glucose meter reading. That would then turn down the machine two notches at a time. This morning we started at a level 9. And I am so happy to say that as of 9:00pm, we are at level 5. My fingers, toes and well everything are crossed that the feeding he just had will be good enough to lower it to level 3. The awesome thing about level 3 is that they don't keep the kiddie on level three. They just take the IV out at that point. So....we are anxiously awaiting our next visit to the nursery in about an hour to see if my little guy has shed another tube.

Needless to say, we are over the moon today. This morning we had a small conversation with our pediatrician. He said things are looking good and we should be seeing a quicker turn around at this point. And he even thinks that possibly Monday we might be home.

I am so thankful that he is seemingly getting better.
I am so thankful of all the kind words so many people have shared with us.
I am so thankful for my parents who have been solely watching the two blonde knuckleheads since Wednesday...and even having to stoke the fire on occasion.
I am thankful that Scott is here with me. He has really tried to keep me focused on not only our goal but making sure I am not losing my head.
I am thankful I am healing really nicely this time. While I am tired, I can walk around retilvely pain free at this point.
I am thankful I was able to download photos to Facebook of my little man.
Simply, I am thankful. And I can't wait to bring Corbin home to join the gang!

Late night update...they hep-locked his IV! Double and triple yay for today!

No comments:

Followers