Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shredding the last remnant of winter


With the weather becoming so lovely outside, we have been spending so much more time outside.  With lots of muddy hands and grass stained knees, we are enjoying ourselves every single moment!

Photobucket

Of course, Isabelle needs to pick up every single thing she sees.  Like, that is so not new!  But, it totally keeps me on my toes!  I think this picture above is really significant.  She is taking any evidence of fall or winter and shredding it as to day...I want summer here NOW!  

Photobucket

Disc golf...for the kids?  Really!  That is just so novel!  Especially on a disc golf course!  Well, we finally pulled out the mini basket and all the multicolored minis to be played with.  I just can't believe we waited so long to do this.  Devon loved collecting the small discs and stashing them random places.  Of course, he did his best impression of Dad by throwing them.  Isabelle on the other hand loved just being able to be part of the action.  She just stood up next to the basket and used the discs as a teether.  

Photobucket

Well, when you mix an unstable baby who is just learning balance with a small metal basket you are in store for some sort of crash.  So, some quick staples were made (yes, made...you all know Scott!)  Once they were hammered into the ground, it was so much more relaxed for us parents.  I just love this picture.  It really does not show the reality of the basket modification.  With Izzy sitting there like a prissy little lady and Devon needing to  hammer, it really looks like they are fitting into their gender roles nicely.  However, the camera does lie.  Izzy had to be stopped multiple times from getting wacked with the hammer since she really wanted to see what was going on!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The single best play toy...Devon!  It took a while before I just let Isabelle crawl on the grass.  I mean I have enough laundry that is already piled up, now with all of these grass stains....oiy!  But, she just needs to be free!  No silly blanket is going to trap her and tell her where she can go!  No WAY!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I think this might be my favorite picture of Isabelle right now.  The look in her eyes just melts my heart.  (And yes, I did not have shoes on her since I only have pink or brown shoes that fit her right now and that would have clashed with the rainbow tights and red sweatshirt!)  


Photobucket

Don't say it...  I know I have been posting so many pics of bath time...I just can't help it!  Devon trying to drink the bath water...mixed with the bubbles...mixed with Izzy.  I ask you how can I NOT take pictures every time!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

With summer just around the corner, I have been able to put Isabelle in some summery outfits.  The moment I had her in this gem, I remembered her cousin Allison in this same shirt.  On one of my visits to Chicago, I had the opportunity to give her lunch.  Of course, Cherrios ended up on her face.  So as a small tribute to Allison, I had to give Isabelle the same treatment.  

Photobucket

Quick, put the toddler in the tree!  HAHAHA

Photobucket

Photobucket

Isabelle is a standing fool as of late.  She needs to be up.  That tempered with her fearlessness make for some interesting falls and maneuvers.  Just like big bro, she has found the musical instrument called the wall register.  Man on man, both kids love that thing! 

Photobucket

Andi love!  Anyone who can make my baby smile and laugh like this is good in my book!


Photobucket


Devon in the rain!  With spring,  come unstable weather.  When I decided to take the kids outside since the sun was shining to actually getting outside was a big difference!  Much to my shock!  But, Devon did not even mind the rain.  He just wanted to run, run, run!  




Photobucket


Those piercing blue eyes that both of my kids have are just stunning.  I mean, stunning!  Devon has a small streak of brown in is left eye.  I like to think a part of me just needed to be in there...meddling with perfection!  While I was pregnant with him I really wanted him to have blonde hair and blue eyes!  Why I was so fixated on this really random thing...I will never know!  


Photobucket

What a great father!  He is always showing his love for the kids with his beautiful smile and attention he gives both of them.  Always wanting a smile!

Photobucket

So, all in all, things are good!  Really good right now!  Spring is here and the fun thing is the kids know it.  They look forward to going outside everyday!  I look forward to Isabelle walking to make it more fun for her, but I will keep it just the way it is right now.  I don't want her to grow up too fast! 

No comments:

Followers