Saturday, March 12, 2011

Puzzling to Piggy tails

How the heck did an entire month slip past my watchful eye?  I swear, the more kids you have the faster the clock ticks.  So, I am going to try to catch up before the big monthly post.  You know I love those monthly shots!  :)

Photobucket

Devon has been on fire as of late.  He is obsessed with puzzles.  And when I say obsessed, I mean obsessed.  I do believe he would enjoy an entire day of only puzzling.  Yest, we have a little tornado called Izzy and tiny puzzle pieces and her really do not mix.  So we contain the would be mess by only allowing the puzzles to be done at Izzy's nap time.  For a few hours everyday Devon gets hunckered down at the table with his puzzle and goes at it.

Photobucket
Photobucket

He first started with a simple 12 piece one.  After completing it was some help for us, he went on to be able to do it without any help.  Then we presented the 25 piece ones.  Again, almost effortless for him.  He is really good at puzzles.  Then he graduated to the 50 piece ones.  Now he will pull out his puzzle and sit down and put together about 10 in the 90 minutes of Izzy's nap.  He is so content.  It is adorable.  After he finishes one, he will run over to me and ask me to see his work.  The pride in his eyes makes it so worth it.  Not to mention that I am able to get some work down while he is engulfed in this joyous activity.

Photobucket

I find it really wonderful that he is able to love something so fully.  Almost too fully.  He quite often will ell me after breakfast that he thinks Izzy needs to go down for her nap at 10am.  He will whole heatedly believe that.  My little nugget just loves to puzzle!


Isabelle has hit a very, very important milestone.  Specifically her hair has hit a milestone.  It is long enough to put up into tiny little piggy tails.  It really melts my heart to see her like this.  I kept thinking we were just waiting for a ponytail.  I totally forgot that piggy tails are the most adorable and precious "tail" a little girl can sport on her head.  And surprisingly, she likes them. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I just love this little girl.

No comments:

Followers