Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Painting Time!

I know a part of me really, really wants to see all three kids love art as much as I do.  I feel it has propelled me in so many different arenas of life.  So I am constantly straddling the fence of slyly suggesting some art or craft but not wanting to push them into it.  Well, maybe Devon I do push since he really does not like to get messy.  Izzy on the other hand just could care less about her state of being.  She welcomes messes.  So, I feel like it is my duty to get Devon as messy as I can every day.  So that means I will smear peanut butter on his hand or yogurt on his cheek to get him more accustomed to messes.  And how easy they are to clean up.  But, I think we might have found one craft that he likes.  It is not too messy and it is fun.  And I don't go crazy about mixed colors or what have you.  WATERCOLORS!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Their cute little aprons and the mess of colors was so delightful to see.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Devon really was getting into making the brush do different strokes. He also learned how to really load up the brush for a max color stroke. These are some of my favorite art pieces he has done in his short little life.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Devon really wanted to show me how he could paint with his feet?  How cute is he?
And not to mention the joy it brought Izzy just warmed the little place in my heart.
Photobucket

No comments:

Followers