Thursday, December 2, 2010

Snowny

Last Sunday, when I looked outside I saw the sweet, sweet vision of little tiny flakes falling to earth! With my excitement I hurried the kids to finish their breakfast and then we started on the pilgrimage of finding our rarely used "winter" gear. After digging through a handful of boxes and closets, I found an adequate amount of things to bundle up the kidlings. However...I must have lost my mommy cape since there was no more snow falling at that point. Oh well, I was sure the kids would have fun anyway! Heck, I don't know if Devon would even remember what snow was? Certainly not Izzy.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Devon was not too happy about that winter coat. He kept saying it was too big!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Izzy on the other hand was just thrilled to be outside!

I have to admit I have not even my usual self lately. Between the huge belly, waddling everywhere and a very painful pain in my lower back it makes being "normal" with the kids a bit tough. So, I am sure they both were thrilled to get some fresh air.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Devon was intrigued by the zipper pull

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Izzy is just a swing set animal as of late. She is growing up so fast!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Mam does not even need to help her down the slide anymore...sniff, sniff

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And then it HAPPENED! Can you see it? There in the sky. The little white wondrous flakes of snow started to fall. Truth be told, you might need to clean your screen to see these tiny, tiny flakes. But I assure you they are there.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

See, right there...no, that is not dandruff or something els. It is SNOW! We all did the snow dance. But, it was dang cold out there, so we retired back to our cave. And to try to make this an even better day for the kids I made them hot (well it was barely warm) chocolate. Let me be the first to say that my kids are weirdos! Neither of them liked it. They just wanted milk? Well, I guess there was more for me!



Now if I ended this post right here about our wonderful snowy day I am sure I would get banned from Illinois. So I think I must continue.

The following day was quite different. It was actually snowing! Real snow that you could see without the help if a microscope!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos



With my extreme excitement I called up Scott to tell him I was in dire need of him coming home from work. I was "sick" and needed him to instantly rush home so we all could play together in the snow. Well, that just could not happen. So, we waited for Daddy to arrive home. But we had a cool little picnic in the family room while we waited.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


Alas, daddy arrived home with all the goodies he found at the store...two sleds, two hats and gloves and boots! We were ready! Except Devon refused to wear his proper winter coat and we did not have one for Izzy. But heck, we would stay warm with excitement...right?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

See, I was not lying! It was really snowy! Almost Christmas card snowy.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

We even went to a small hill by the barn and the kids went sledding. Boy oh boy, they really had a great time.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Head in the clouds just enjoying the day.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

It was really fun for both of the kids to get to play in the snow.

No comments:

Followers