Friday, April 8, 2011

Randomness

Spring is testing the waters over here.  The sun is sneaking out from behind the rain from time to time.  However, the temperature is not really following the same cues.  Burrrr, I actually saw snow falling from the sky yesterday.
Photobucket

Flowers are poking their fluffy little heads out of the trees and the daffodils along the roadside are in full bloom right now. I never give it much thought, but out here in the country, people do now have complete control over their entire yard. Most of the time there is the small area between the road and gully (I can't think of that word right now...but it is where you would go if there was a tornado in the midwest if you were on the roadside) there are these luscious clumps of daffodils that pop up every spring. It is like a trumpet announcing the dream of better weather. Dream is the key word. 

Photobucket

We have been able to go outside as of late. Sometimes just for a few minutes and then the rain comes and other times for hours. We try to work it between Corbin napping and then we hang out on the driveway. I know, 10 acres and we choose to spend it on concrete. But we love our driveway!!!! Or we spend it right by the house so we can hear the Corbster if he yelps. I never have called Corbin "The Corbster" LOL

We play soccer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Or we go down to the barn.
Photobucket
We hang out on the fire hoses that I am sure everyone has stored in the barn!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Down by the barn is this really huge rock. I love this rock. The kids can sit on it and it is really cool! If only it was a smidge lighter I might move it to a better spot. But, it is just lovely where it is.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Admittedly, not the two best pictures of the kids, but the rock is so awesome!

Down by the bar is also this really large 55 gallon rusty drum. I think the previous owners used it as a burn bin. So far it just sits there and gets rusty for us. Wait, we burned something in it one time a while ago... Go us!

Photobucket

Corbin is getting bigger and bigger every day. This whole transition of time is really trippy. The most growth a human will have is in the first few months of their lives. But, as a mom who is exhausted it is really hard to appreciate it. I miss how small he was when he was born. But I just can't seem to even notice how different he is right now. I guess this is just part of life. The newborn phase I think has passed. He is now officially a baby. weep weep! He no longer gives me a little whimper anymore. I don't know exactly when it stopped, but it has.

Photobucket

With is growth come so many magical and wonderful moments. He smiles now. He see me. He and I are in sync. I love it!  It is just so wonderful being his mom!  I really just love every aspect of motherhood for the third time.  It is quite amazing.  A part of me thought that with baby #3 it might just be too much work.  While it is overwhelming sometimes, it is almost always really cool.

Photobucket

Seeing him accomplish the small little things really just makes me smile. Taking the time to just enjoy him right now is just so satisfying. Seeing him raise his little head to look around gives me pure delight.

Photobucket
For the record, I don't think my baby is going to have brown eyes...

Photobucket

Hopefully you all enjoyed this lovely day! Well, lovely in the PNW.

No comments:

Followers