Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fair was more than fare!!!!!

I know, I know...it is totally cliche to say that these days are going so fast seeing you child grow up. But, I need to jump on that band wagon. I just can't believe how fast the last 2 years have gone. I look at Devon and think that his leg is about as long as he was when he was born! Where did all of that time go? It really makes me savor every single moment we share together. Well, maybe not the whining or the poopy diaper moments.

We ventured out into the world and landed at the Washington State Fair in Puyallup. The day we set aside to go was supposed to be good...but the sky had other plans. While driving there I think I questioned the lack of umbrellas about 100 times.

Our first stop (to get out of the rain) was to look at the pigeon exhibit? I know, that is totally weird...right? Who raised pigeons and then shows them at fairs? Regardless, Devon was happy to be "free" and Izzy just loved seeing the birds.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Then it was off to the horses. It was too bad that all of the horses were in the stalls. It almost felt like jail for the poor animals. It was a bit hard to see anything. But, we tried...

Photobucket


The next stop was to the petting area of the barns. This was my most anticipated part. Devon left within 2 minutes and Izzy quickly followed. Oh well, maybe the crowds of so many people was a bit off putting.

Photobucket


Before we arrived at the fair, Scott and I had this long debate about why people go to the fair. I thought it was to see the animals and eat the "delicious" food. Scott totally disagreed. He said it was for the rides. Maybe I just don't remember that aspect too much. But, I can tell you that for us, on Wednesday, the rides were the bomb!

As we approached the rocket ride, my eyes started to fill up. I could not imagine my little guy being old, big, mature or ready enough to go onto a ride without his mama or daddy! So, as we stood outside the ride and watched it go round and round I noticed a sign that said you needed to be 36 inches to ride. Surely, my baby was not going to qualify this year. So, I encouraged Dad to take Devon to measure himself just so we could move on to other things. But, much to my surprise, he just made it! AHHHHHHHH! Oh no! Now the tears were flowing.

Photobucket


EEEEEKKKKKKK! What did I just agree too? So, with a quick trip to the ticket booth, we were back in line waiting our turn. My heart was pounding that he was going to scream bloody murder once the ride started and there would be nothing I could do to help my poor little defensiless baby. Scott and Devon walked over to the rocket and strapped in.

Photobucket


Once the bell rung and the ride started to whirl, the smile that beamed from Devon just melted my heart! He was in love! He was so excited and thrilled. You could see it in his eyes.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


To watch the video of his first ride, click on this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s751NTKN5eU

AFter it was over, the only words we heard for a while was "AGAIN! AGAIN!" IT was so great to see him do something on his own without my help, Scott's help or Izzy's support. It was great!

Then the rain stopped and it got a bit steamy.

Photobucket


Izzy just wanted to be set free and run! But, we stopped for some corn dogs and fries.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Then it was back to the carnival! Izzy was just happy to...well, I don't really know if she was happy!

Photobucket


It was off to the cars and then the helicopter.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Izzy spent almost the entire day on the edge of her seat.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Devon just itching to get on the last ride! It was either the horrible rain that started to fall, or the excitement for another ride.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Then, we had to go to a fishing game and Devon won a dolphin for Izzy!

Photobucket


And finally, our day was rounded out with some COWS!!!!!! MOOOO! Luckily, there was this very kind gal who walked up her heffer to our kids and let them pet the bovine. The excitement and terror were so great!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I love how the cow is giving Izzy "The Eye"!

Photobucket


Sorry, I know how lame I am...but it just made me laugh!

Photobucket


I just found these cows beautiful. I loved how when they were laying down their spines were so prominent.

Photobucket


Back to being lame...I gave the kids some MILK to drink while we were visiting the cows! HAHAHA!

Photobucket


Our wonderful day ended with an elephant ear! YUMMMM!

Photobucket



All in all, it was so much fun, rain and all! IT was great to see Devon so excited and IZzy so thrilled to be in the mix of the action with so many people. It was great! I love sharing these moments with the kids.

No comments:

Followers